Year Organized: July 1866
Year Re-Constituted: 2001
The Flemington Neshanock Base Ball Club plays by 19th Century rules, uses authentic replicas of 19th Century equipment and wears 19th Century uniforms. As was the custom in the middle 19th Century, all fielders play barehanded and do not wear gloves. We are a not for profit organization that looks to inform the general public on the roots of our National Pastime. We are sort of like the Civil War re-enactors, except we use a bat and ball instead of a gun. The original Flemington Neshanock were established in July 1866 and comprised mainly of the town’s prominent constituents.
The President was George F. Crater, owner of Crater’s Hotel, which was on the spot of what is now the Union Hotel. Some other notable members were E. Vosseller (VP and shortstop), RS Kuhl (Captain) and E. Page Southwick (Secretary and catcher).
The Neshanock were apparently not very skilled ballists and often lost to their chief rivals, the Lambertville Logan, by the close scores of 77-25 and 71-47. Unfortunately, no records of the Neshanock are apparent after August 1867.
Today’s Neshanock were re-established in 2001 by Brad “Brooklyn” Shaw, proudly reviving the name of that long ago team but hopefully not imitating their base ball skills.
Home Field: None, The Neshanock play at events and festivals counting all of New Jersey as its “home field”
Contact Info: email@example.com
Looking for Players?: Always, please contact for more information